Ultimate Bug-Buster – QA – Testing – Student / Part-Time
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Student Job (max 20hrs/week)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Ultimate Bug-Buster - QA - Testing - Student / Part-Time
trivago is looking for a new hero to join our team of Ultimate Bug-Busters.
Legend has it there once was a student who rid trivago of bugs single-handedly, in less than 20 hours a week. But as we grew the evil bugs returned in greater numbers, so we had to enlist the help of even more heroes.
Do you have what it takes to join the Ultimate Bug-Busters? Read on….
What kind of heroic behavior will you display?
- Patrol trivago's software streets: run online quality checks to ensure that all hotel booking relevant information (e.g. availability, travel dates, prices, breakfast info, currency) displayed on trivago is correct and matches those on the landing pages of our booking partners.
- Let your story be known: report your findings after analyzing and processing problems so that your legend lives on.
- Make sure we're protected from new dangers: help plan test scenarios so that we know we'll be secure in the face of every possible threat.
What superpowers will you need to become an Ultimate Bug-Buster?
- You will have to be in search of a long-term job on the side. This is ideally suited to students but depending on your situation part-timers will also be considered.
- The perfect candidate would be able to read and extract information from XML and JSON files (but don't worry, that's nothing we can't teach you!)
- A good understanding of the internet as well as basic knowledge of Excel would be magical.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
- Problem-solving skills, organization skills and a strong commitment to your mission.
- The desire to learn more and develop yourself into the best hero you can be.
- You'll also need that rarest of superpowers: free time. The role will require 12-20 hours per week (working hours flexible on consultation).
- A pleasant working environment within a dynamic and international team full of students.
- Independent work space in an innovative, rapidly growing company.
- Open minded people, willing to answer all your questions.
- Chance to develop your way of thinking and gain knowledge.
- Cross-functional opportunities in projects and teamwork.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.
Extra need-to-know information:
- No programming skills are needed for this position.
- Every newcomer will go through an onboarding process, which will help you to understand every aspect related to the position and integrate into the team.
- Working hours are Monday–Friday (flexible, upon consultation) for 12-20 hours per week.
- Please make sure that your CV and motivation letter are in English.
- All applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.